EU funding news
EU funding updates - February 2023
Find out about new EU funding calls, where your application is in the process, and upcoming deadlines.
There is €23 million available in the second wave of calls under the 2022 EU4Health work programme. The submission deadline for calls that remain open is 28 of February 2023. The topics are on cancer, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and public procurement in the health sector.
Recommendations and guidance documents for the management of substances of human origin in hospitals.
There is €750K available in this call. The deadline for tenders has been extended to 1 March 2023.
Horizon Europe Health Cluster
The Health Cluster Work Programme for 2023/ 2024 has now been published. The 2023 calls opened on 12 Jan 2023 and will close for applications on 13 April 2023. All calls in 2023 are single stage. The call topics are divided into six different Destinations:
- Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society: One topic with a budget of €40m
- Living and working in a health-promoting environment: Four topics with a budget of €103m
- Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden: Eight topics with a budget of €274m
- Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care: Three topics with a budget of €60m
- Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies & digital solutions for a healthy society: SIx topics with a budget of €250m
- Maintaining an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health industry: Five topics with a budget of €56m
A full breakdown of the 27 call topics in 2023 is available from Health NCP Irene Castellano (email: ICastellano@hrb.ie)
Horizon Europe Cancer Mission
The Cancer Mission Work Programme for 2023/ 2024 has now been published. There are four call topics in 2023, with a budget of €110m. Calls opened on 12 January 2023 and will close for applications on 12 April 2023. All calls are single stage:
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-CANCER-01-01: Addressing poorly-understood tumour-host interactions to enhance immune system-centred treatment and care interventions in childhood, adolescent, adult and elderly cancer patients
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-CANCER-01-02 : Enhance primary cancer prevention through sustainable behavioural change
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-CANCER-01-03 : Pragmatic clinical trials on minimally invasive diagnostics
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-CANCER-01-04 : Establish best practices and tools to improve the quality of life for childhood cancer patients, survivors and their families in European regions
The annual Work Programme for 2023 has now been published. Calls and tenders are expected across 2023 in the areas of: crisis preparedness, health promotion and disease prevention, cancer, health systems and healthcare workforce and digital. For more information please see HRB’s EU4Health webpage.
Horizon Europe Health Cluster
In 2024 there are 14 call topics with a budget of €409m.
2024 Two Stage Calls:
- Stage 1: Opens 30 March and closes 19 September 2023
- Stage 2: Closes on the 11 April 2024
2024 Single Stage:
- Open 26 October 2023 and close 11 April 2024
A full breakdown is available from Health NCP Irene Castellano (email: ICastellano@hrb.ie)