Healthy people through excellent research and applied knowledge.
To improve people's health and to enhance healthcare delivery.
To achieve these aims, we will lead and support excellent research, and we will generate relevant knowledge and promote its application in policy and practice.
We want the research that we fund and the work that we do to:
- deliver real benefits for people's health
- transform the way healthcare is delivered
- provide information and evidence that informs decisions about health care
- advance health research and data infrastructure
- promote excellent training in health research
- generate economic returns through healthcare innovation and economic development.