Powerpoint slides where used by the speakers, are available on the Speaker slides webpage.
Questions and answers from questions submitted but not answered at the event are now available.
The Health Research Board, in collaboration with the Department of Health, is organising a seminar about the new Health Research Regulations 2018 which have been introduced on foot of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It will take place on Friday 19 October 2018, from 09.30 – 13.00 in The Gibson Hotel, Dublin 1.
The purpose of the seminar is to provide a timely and expert forum to:-
- provide an overview on the data protection implications of GDPR for health research
- set out the background and context for the new Health Research Regulations
- outline the provisions and implications of the Health Research Regulations
- clarify the role of the new Health Research Consent Declaration Committee.
This seminar will be informative with regard to understanding the implications of these new regulations for: -
- Data Protection Officers in an Institution where personal data is being or could be used for the purposes of health research.
- Researchers using or planning to use personal data for the purposes of health research.
- The public and patients who might have consented for their data to be used for health research, or who may wish for their data to be used in future health research.
- Research Ethics Committees who review proposals for health-related research projects.
Please note that this event will not address project specific questions.