HRB NCTO International Clinical Trials Day Conference 2023 - "Clinical Research in Ireland 2023"
The NCTO International Clinical Trials Day (ICTD) event on May 11th 2023 will be a one day conference, celebrating International Clinical Trials Day, launching the calendar of ICTD events which will take place in the CRF/Cs across the network over subsequent weeks and showcase clinical research activities across the HRB funded infrastructure.
The purpose and importance of the event is:
- To promote clinical research in Ireland by raising its profile through the event, highlighting the importance and benefits of clinical research in health care delivery.
- To create discussion and debate on clinical research in Ireland 2023 and beyond; what is needed to optimise Ireland's clinical research potential and to address the key issues affecting its delivery currently.
- To raise public awareness of ongoing clinical research in Ireland and the benefits and importance of participating in clinical trials.
- To promote the impact of health research, data and evidence for patient care and health service delivery.
- To showcase ongoing trials led by Irish Investigators and Researchers, in many cases, funded by the HRB with national and international collaborations.
- To promote Ireland as a potential leader in clinical research internationally.
- To highlight the HRB, DOH and HSE National Strategies for clinical research.
- To highlight the importance of current international collaboration, integration and partnership with European networks and promoting further engagement.
- To create an opportunity for networking and future national and international collaborations.
- To launch and publish a Calendar of Events which will be held across the Network over subsequent weeks to celebrate ICTD.
The Target audience is members of the HRB NCTO network working in CRF/Cs, clinical trial networks, research organisations and all stakeholders involved in clinical research such as the funding agencies, regulators, Pharma & Med Tech Industries, patients, public and media.
- Award Date
- 26 April 2022
- Award Value
- Principal Investigator
- Professor Joseph Eustace
- Host Institution
- University College Cork
- Conference and Event Sponsorship Scheme