Advancing clinical research on ageing in Ireland
As the population of the world ages, there is a critical need to integrate research on aging into the medical training of clinicians. The goal of this program is to provide research development, training, and mentoring to physician-scientists in the newly established Master's of Medical Gerontology program at Trinity College Dublin.
Projects are directed toward advancing research on aging by:
- incorporating the needs of the Irish government into research conducted by the Department via a scoping review;
- teaching a course on grantwriting skills;
- launching a clinical scholars seminar; and
- enhancing ancillary studies to the Irish Longitudinal Study of Ageing.
- Award Date
- 25 June 2021
- Award Value
- Principal Investigator
- Dr Annette Fitzpatrick
- Host Institution
- Trinity College Dublin
- Fulbright-HRB Health Impact Awards