Published: 01 July 2021
The 2019–20 Irish National Drug and Alcohol Survey. Main findings
The National Drug and Alcohol Survey (NDAS) collects information on alcohol and tobacco consumption, and drug use among the general population in Ireland. The extent and pattern of drug use in the general population is one of the five key indicators developed by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) and adopted by EU Member States.
The NDAS also surveys people’s attitudes and perceptions relating to tobacco, alcohol and other drug use and records the impact of drug use on people’s communities. The 2019/20 NDAS collected information from 5,762 people aged 15 and over across Ireland. This is the fifth such survey undertaken in Ireland, providing an opportunity to observe trends over time.
- Related files for download
- Irish National Drug and Alcohol Survey. Illegal drug use infographic (JPG, 74 KB)
- Irish National Drug and Alcohol Survey. Cocaine use infographic (JPG, 74 KB)
- Irish National Drug and Alcohol Survey. Impact on communities infographic (JPG, 85 KB)
- Irish National Drug and Alcohol Survey. Tobacco infographic (JPG, 92 KB)