ERA-HDHL Call for Joint Transnational Research Proposals: “Development of targeted nutrition for prevention of undernutrition for older adults (PREVNUT)” 2020
The Joint Programming Initiative “A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life (JPI HDHL) has been established to coordinate research in the areas of food diet, physical activity and health in order to achieve tangible societal and health impact and to strengthen European leadership and competitiveness in this field.
Please note the closing date for submission of proposals has been extended to May 12th 2020 (Please see revised HRB Guidance Notes).
- Details of this Scheme
A better understanding of the relationships between nutrition and health is central to deliver the vision of the JPI HDHL.
The scope of this call includes:
- Improved understanding of how the balance between diet and physical activity can prevent undernutrition. The studies should focus on the underlying biological mechanisms of the bioavailability, assimilation and metabolism of the macro- and/or micronutrients in food or food products and show how physical activity could modify these processes.
- Development of innovative food products. The developed product should be based on new research on metabolism, on macro- and/or micronutrient bioavailability and absorption in older adults.
- Who can apply?
This is a joint transnational call: applicants must apply as part of a transnational consortium.
Researchers from Ireland can apply as coordinators or partners. If successful, researchers from Ireland will be funded by the Health Research Board up to the maximum amount for the call. Applicants applying for funding from Ireland must be based at an eligible HRB Host Institution.
The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
- Minimum of 3 partners from 3 different participating countries.
- No more than 2 partners can originate from the same country.
- Maximum of 6 partners (including partners participating with their respective own funding as collaborators).
Individual country partners/coordinators should confirm eligibility with their national funding organisation contact point.
Researchers who want to participate in a consortium need to register in the Meta Data Base of the JPI HDHL website https://www.healthydietforhealthylife.eu/index.php/call-activities/calls/98-calls-site-restyling/583-era-hdhl-2020. This can also be used as a partnering tool to identify prospective partners.
- How to apply
Proposals must be submitted to the Joint Call Secretariat (JCS) by the coordinator through the JPI HDHL electronic submitting system exclusively https://healthydietforhealthylife.eu/index.php/login-new. Further details can be found in the call text.
- Apply for this award
- Contact us
Full details on the call are available through the call website
For general enquiries contact the Joint Call Secretariat:
Dr. Sophie Gay & Dr. Martine Batoux
+33 1 78 09 80 39/+33 1 73 54 81 40
50 avenue Daumesnil, 75012 Paris
Applicants from Ireland who still have questions after reading the information on the Call website and the HRB Guidance notes and HRB FAQ can contact Louise Drudy at HRB
Contact:Dr Louise Drudy (ldrudy(at)hrb.ie)
Link to HRB guidance notes
Link to HRB FAQ