JPND Transnational Call 2019: Multinational research projects on Personalised Medicine for Neurodegenerative Diseases
The EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is a member led initiative to foster a collaborative, coherent and coordinated approach to funding research in age-related neurodegenerative diseases. This call is for international consortia undertaking research projects on Personalised Medicine, that may in time bring about the delivery of targeted and timely prevention and therapies for patients of neurodegenerative diseases.
Scheme at a glance
- Details of this scheme
The aim of the call is to establish a number of ambitious, innovative, multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that will add value to the respective research areas: diagnosis, prevention and care. Please review the call text carefully for guidance on the aims, objectives and scope of the 2019 Call.Close
- Who can apply?
This is a joint transnational call: applicants must apply as part of a transnational consortium.
Researchers from Ireland can apply as coordinators or partners. If successful, researchers from Ireland will be funded by the Health Research Board up to the maximum amount for the call.
Applicants applying for funding from Ireland must be based at an eligible HRB Host Institution.
The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
- Minimum of 3 partners from 3 different participating countries. These 3 partners should be eligible for funding by an organisation listed on the http://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/open-calls/personalised-medicine-2019/
- No more than 2 partners can originate from the same country.
- Maximum of 6 partners (excluding non-funded external collaborators participating with their own funding).
- If the proposal involves at least one regular partner from an underrepresented European country (Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkey), the maximum number of regular partners can be extended to seven partners.
- For reasons of transnational balance, no more than two regular partners from the same country are allowed to join a proposal.
Individual country partners/coordinators should confirm eligibility with their national funding organisation contact point. Further country specific guidance can be found on the call page http://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/open-calls/personalised-medicine-2019/
- How to apply
Proposals must be submitted to the Joint Call Secretariat (JCS) by the coordinator through the JPND electronic submitting system exclusively (https://ptoutline.eu/app/jpnd2019), using the mandatory submission template. Further details can be found in the call text. The call is a two-step application, with a first stage (pre-proposal submission) deadline of March 12th 2019. Invitations to submit full proposals will be issued in May 2019 with a full proposal submission deadline of 25th June 2019.
Full details on the call for proposals, including scope of the call, evaluation process, eligible costs, and participating countries are available on the call website. Applicants from Ireland must read the HRB Guidance notes and FAQ for the scheme – eligibility requirements from applicants from Ireland will apply.
Please bear in mind that costing of finances in proposals may have to be signed off by the host institution's administrative department. Please allow sufficient time for these additional processes. Any late applications will be rejected.
Whilst applications will be submitted jointly by groups from different countries, individual research groups in successful projects will be funded by the individual PerMed funding organisation(s) within their country.Close
- Apply for this award
Review all guidance notes on JPND website http://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/open-calls/personalised-medicine-2019/ , HRB Guidance and FAQ, and apply through the submission tool https://ptoutline.eu/app/jpnd2019Close
- Contact us
General enquiries: JPND Call Secretariat - Dr. Sabrina Voß, email@example.com, (+49) 228-3821 2111/ Dr. Olaf Krüger, firstname.lastname@example.org, (+49) 228-3821 2111
- Applicants from Ireland who still have questions after reading the information on the Call website, the HRB Guidance notes, and HRB FAQ can contact Dr Tonya Moloney at HRB, tmoloney(at)hrb.