EU Joint Programme- Neurodegenerative Research JPND Transnational Call on “Health and Social Care for Neurodegenerative Diseases”.
The EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is a member led initiative to foster a collaborative, coherent and coordinated approach to funding research in age-related neurodegenerative diseases. This call is for international consortia exploring novel concepts in health and social care for people with neurodegenerative diseases.
Scheme at a glance
|Funding available||The maximum funding for successful partner(s) from Ireland in this call is €370,000. It is anticipated 1 proposal will be funded.|
|Duration of funding||Up to 36 months|
- Details of this award
The aim of the call is to establish multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that
• Address health and social care delivery at the macro level (systems and infrastructure) in addition to the individual level of patients, their carers and families.
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of formal and informal care approaches and existing infrastructures.
• Implement improved evidence based approaches thereby improving the quality of life for those affected by neurodegenerative diseases.
Proposals submitted under this call may include, but are not limited to, the following types of research:
• Care pathway and services using the potential of patient involvement
• Factors influencing progression and prognosis of disease
• Outcome measures for patients and their informal carers
• Palliative care of patients
• Cost-effectiveness and affordability of interventions including ethical concerns
Further details can be found at the call webpage
- Who can apply?
This is a joint transnational call: applicants must apply as part of a transnational consortium.
Researchers from Ireland can apply as coordinators or partners. If successful, researchers from Ireland will be funded by the Health Research Board up to the maximum amount for the call. Applicants applying for funding from Ireland must be based at an eligible HRB Host Institution.
The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
• Minimum of 3 partners from 3 different participating countries. These 3 partners should be eligible for funding by an organisation listed on the call webpage
• No more than 2 partners can originate from the same country.
• Maximum of 6 partners (excluding non-funded external collaborators participating with their own funding).
Individual country partners/coordinators should confirm eligibility with their national funding organisation contact point. Further country specific guidance can be found on the call webpage .
- How to apply
Proposals must be submitted to the Joint Call Secretariat (JCS) by the coordinator through the JPND electronic submitting system exclusively (https://secure.pt-dlr.de/ptoutline/app/hesocare). Further details can be found in the call text. The call is a two-step application, with a first stage (pre-proposal submission) deadline of March 6th 2018. Invitations to submit full proposals will be issued in May 2018 with a full proposal submission deadline of 27th June 2018.Close
- Contact us