Name: Health Research Board
Affiliation: State Agency under the Department of Health
Budget: €45 million annually, and we manage an investment portfolio of approximately €200 million.
Purpose: Support and fund health research and provide evidence to inform policy and practice.
Main business areas:
- Funding research proposals and managing grants
- Conducting evidence reviews to underpin decision making in health
- Managing data collections in the areas of alcohol and drug treatment and deaths, disability and psychiatric admissions and discharges
Chief Executive: Dr Mairead O Driscoll (Interim)
Chair: Professor Jane Grimson
Vision: Healthy people through excellent research and applied knowledge
Mission: To improve people's health and to enhance healthcare delivery
We want the research that we fund and the work that we do to: -
- deliver real benefits for people's health
- transform the way healthcare is delivered
- provide information and evidence that informs decisions about health care
- advance health research and data infrastructure
- promote excellent training in health research
- generate economic returns through healthcare innovation and economic development.