The HRB National Drugs Library is a unique information resource for researchers, policy makers, and people working in the areas of drug or alcohol use and addiction, or related fields.
Visit the library website
Search our online database of Irish and key international drug and alcohol research - an electronic library of full-text reports, journal articles, and conference papers.
- Read the latest relevant news stories or search our archive of 2,000 news items.
- Find out who is currently involved in research in Ireland and what projects are being done.
- Read the national report on the drugs situation in Ireland, and articles from Drugnet Ireland quarterly newsletter.
- Find out about upcoming conferences and other events.
- See our Key Irish data page, which draws together research and policy documents, including an overview of the Irish situation, factsheets, Irish prevalence, treatment, and deaths data.
- Explore our practitioner page, designed so that those working in the drugs and alcohol area can find the research they need to support their practice.
- Browse our online directory of drug and alcohol training courses in Ireland.
- Search our glossary of research terms and acronyms.
Call in to the library
Health Research Board
67-72 Lower Mount Street
- Browse our collection of books, reports and conference proceedings.
- Select and read articles from our collection of specialist drug-related journals, or from a range of other peer-reviewed health and medical journals.
- Search a number of online bibliographic databases covering the fields of health, psychology and the social sciences.
- Use the workstations in the library or connect to our wireless network (Wi Fi) with your own laptop.
- The library is open to the public, by appointment, from Tuesday to Friday, between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm, and is open through lunchtime.
Use our query service
Tel: +353 (0)1 2345 175
You can telephone the library with your query during library opening hours or email us at any time. Our query service makes it easy for you to:
- Identify recent Irish and international literature in your area of interest
- Receive copies of journal articles from external sources
- Get help in using library resources or registering on the website
- Sign up for our electronic services, such as the monthly newsletter and current awareness service
- Obtain copies of drug and alcohol publications by the Health Research Board, including Drugnet Ireland
- Arrange for us to visit your workplace or place of study to show you what the library can do for you.