The HRB is the lead funding agency for health research in Ireland. It oversees a €45 million investment in health research activity each year.
It manages four national health information systems; produces evidence reviews for the Department of Health to inform health policy making; and manages the HRB National Drug Library, a specialist information resource for health practicioners, researchers and policy makers in the drug and alcohol field.
We want the research that we fund and the work that we do to: -
- deliver real benefits for people's health
- transform the way healthcare is delivered
- provide information and evidence that informs decisions about health care
- advance health research and data infrastructure
- promote excellent training in health research
- generate economic returns through healthcare innovation and economic development.